There are many definitions of counselling. So…What Is Counselling?
One simple version is that counselling is a working relationship in which you are helped to explore and manage what is happening in your life.
The overall aim of counselling is to provide an opportunity for you to work towards a more satisfying and emotionally healthy life. Naturally, each person’s needs are different.
Counselling may be concerned with:
- personal development issues
- addressing and resolving specific problems
- making decisions
- coping with crisis
- developing personal insight and knowledge
- working through feelings of inner conflict
- improving relationships with others
…or any number of other issues, large or small, which crop up in everyday life.